6. Lighting: Test all the lights outside. Replace all your bulbs to make them look uniform. Ensure that your light fixtures are clean and shiny.
7. Decks & Patios: People often like houses with a deck or patio. But having one with rickety flooring or rotten furniture could be a huge turn off! Replace if necessary. Also, pay attention to loose nails on boards and steps. In addition, power wash the deck if it’s crusty and dirty.It’ll look brand new!
8. Rails & Fences: Are these exterior supporters in good shape? Repair if needed. Tighten loose screws. If they seem to look dull or chipped, consider power washing or applying a fresh coat of paint or stain.
9. Windows: Check for cracks or leaks on windows. If you have large windows facing the exterior, add some potted plants. For more pizzazz, add a little window dressing to the mix.
10. Entrance & Front Door: Check for cobwebs in all the nooks and crannies around your doorway. Sweep away all the dried debris of leaves and soil that might muddle your entrance. Make sure that you have a fully functional doorbell. Doors can be a good lead-in to your house. Paint or varnish the front door if needed.
You’re almost done. Go right back outside the house, probably even across the street, and look back. Does the property look appealing enough to buy? Would you want to enter this house if you were walking down the street? Ask your friends and neighbors for an unbiased opinion.
Still not sure? Are you looking for a professional assistance that can help you sell your house fast? Express Homebuyers does just that! In the past five years we’ve sold over 800 homes within the DC metro area. We can help you list your house for sale. If we can’t sell your house in 60 days, we guarantee to buy it from you, no matter what the condition.
Just call us at (877) 804-5252 or visit our website to chat with a representative.
This series will be continued. For more tips to sell your house fast, continue to read our blogs.
If you have any tips or suggestions that you’d like to share, please feel free to comment on this blog post.