If you’ve been driving around in the Washington DC metro area, chances are you’ve seen billboards advertising companies that buy houses.
Often times they say things like “We Buy Washington DC Houses!” or “Cash For Your House.”
Are “we buy houses in Washington DC companies” credible?
—- To Watch The Video – Scroll Down —-
You may ask yourself how to know if the local house buying companies out there are honest and trustworthy because many times they all look the same in the beginning. We are going to walk you through some important things to look for when deciding if you want to work with one of these companies.
Buying and selling houses is a valid and respectable profession that can help communities and house sellers in many ways. Unfortunately there are some shady and dishonest people who put money ahead of the well being of their clients and these are the ones you need to avoid. We’ll help you steer clear of these “shady house buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies who can buy your house for a fair cash offer.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk with a local house buyer who is interested in purchasing your house, ask them some of the questions below to make sure they are reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the most proud?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If the buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company, be leery. Most reputable buyers will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral third party place, like a title company, to ensure everything is done honestly.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be cautious. Most reputable house buying services will make you an offer that will stay on the table for at least 2-7 days to give you time to think through your decision. Understand though that the reason reputable house buying services like Express Homebuyers place deadlines on offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area. Because we buy multiple houses every month, when we make you an offer, we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready. And we’ll reserve that cash for several days, making the closing based on a schedule that is convenient for you. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score and not an in-depth interview, so chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone with you and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions. Even though there are dishonest home buyers, fortunately there are honest and reputable ones too.
What Reputable Washington DC House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping people improve their lives by accessing the money they need right away. People often need the cash to cover unexpected medical expenses or to relocate to be closer to relatives. We can make that happen in just a few days, which will deliver peace of mind.
- Assisting sellers in getting rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having to list it with a broker and wait months and months for a sale.
- Creating local jobs by hiring plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and many other folks along the way. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people around the Washington DC metro area.
- Buying U.S. products, spending significant amounts of money on materials made right here in the USA, which creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The U.S. economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from companies like us.
- Increasing the value of Washington DC. When we improve a house, we’re helping increase the value of the entire community because we often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens the Washington DC neighborhoods.
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure which improves our neighborhoods.
Many people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme, but in reality it takes a lot of time, coordination and hard work. Most of our work is coordinating with many people to make sure things are happening efficiently and on time.
True investors like us who run honest and ethical Washington DC house buying services are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Washington DC companies,” and asking yourself, “are we buy houses in Washington DC companies credible?” never be afraid to ask them all your questions!