Real Estate Investment Company Seeks Passionate Flip This House Fan With REO Experience in Baltimore
A highly successful real estate investment company is seeking an intelligent, business-minded person to be our Baltimore Homebuying Specialist.
About Express Homebuyers
Express Homebuyers was founded in 2003 in order to buy homes from motivated sellers who don’t want to list with a Realtor. We are not Realtors. We are real estate investors. We’re usually the best fit for sellers who have homes that need repair and/or need to be sold quickly.
Express Homebuyers is committed to buying homes in the easiest and quickest way possible, so that clients have a customized and hassle-free experience, where they are treated in a caring, professional manner and receive their money when promised.
In the past 12 years, we have bought, renovated, and sold more than 2,500 homes in the DC and Baltimore metro areas. We’re pretty good at this business.
- We buy homes, renovate them, and resell them to retail buyers.
- We buy homes for our rental portfolio. We do our own property management.
- We do condo conversion development in DC.
What You Will Do:
- Purchase houses from motivated sellers
- Inspect our homes under construction
- Sell our houses
How You Will Accomplish Those Objectives:
- Identify, contact, and collect information from prospective buyers
- Follow scripts on the phone and on appointments
- Manage and diligently follow up with all opportunities and inquiries
- Conduct appointments with qualified sellers to estimate repairs
- Present and close purchase agreements to be signed by sellers
- Maintain consistent lead follow-up on with all sellers until the seller sells, lists or decides not to sell
- Work with production to determine scope of renovations
- Routinely check on progress of homes under construction
- Assist with the sale of our homes after renovation
The Qualifications You Have for the Position:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to show empathy and care to the seller
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Maryland Real Estate Salespersons License is a plus
- REO experience is a plus
- Capability to remain calm under pressure
- Computer skills
We Want Someone Who
- Has a "whatever it takes" attitude and will go above and beyond when needed.
- Can identify an obstacle or problem – and always has a potential solution before they talk with anyone.
- Enjoys learning new things and is interested in growing personally and professionally.
- Has an optimistic outlook on life.
- Is willing to hustle and roll up their sleeves to make a measurable impact on the business.
- Thrives working with a small, dynamic team of incredible and fun people in a continually growing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Is currently happy with where they are and what they’re doing, but wants a bigger challenge.
We Do NOT Want Someone Who
- Has a bad attitude.
- Needs constant hand holding. We have a comprehensive training program – and we’ll ensure you have been thoroughly trained – however after training, we expect you to work without close supervision.
- Whines and complains.
- Doesn’t play well with others.
- Is of questionable integrity.
- Isn’t looking for a long-term position.
Top 12 coolest things about working at Express Homebuyers:
- Paid Time Off isn’t tracked
- You can leave early on Fridays during the summertime
- Family is one of our guiding core values
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- The exponential growth and plans for national expansion, which equals unlimited potential and opportunities.
- Friendly, supportive and smart colleagues
- Exceptional education and training
- Fascinating “Flip This House” business model
- Informal hierarchy
- Opportunity is based on ability not tenure
- Have a good idea? We’ll use it!
- Casual Fridays
If you. . .
- Want to learn the real estate investment business and want to be challenged
- Are someone who pushes yourself to accomplish great things in life
- Are looking for the excitement of real estate, the thrill of connecting with prospects, and the fun of a growing company
- Are learning based and not afraid to fail
- Are a winner and have accomplished things in your life
- Want more excitement, challenges and reward for your efforts
- Want to be part of a growing and dynamic team
..then you might be the person we are looking for! This job is about who you’ll become versus who you’ve been.