March 2011 Real Estate Statistics for the District of Columbia
Over 4,000 homeowners have trusted US to buy their home.
For homeowners in Washington, DC, it appears that buyers have slowed their activity from February. Fortunately the area still has a fairly healthy market.
The median sold price is up slightly, as is the average sold price, from the previous year. Time to sell is virtually unchanged.
In terms of supply, in February 2011 there were 369 homes sold. When divided into the number of active listings, it signifies a 6-month supply of houses. This is an increase from the prior month, and it indicates a healthy market (defined by a 5-6 month supply).
Active listings were down in the District, and new listings were significantly down. This is most likely a result of the legal battles between the US government and the banks that are stalling the release of foreclosed properties. REOs, or Real Estate Owned, are what a bank calls the properties they take back through the foreclosure process.
|Washington DC||Mar-2011||Mar-2010||% Change|
|Avg Sold Price||$505,008||$468,691||7.75%|
|Median Sold Price||$379,950||$354,000||7.33%|
|Avg Days on Market||83||84||-1.19%|
|Avg Sold Price to List Price||93.7%||92.9%||0.83%|
If you are having trouble selling your house, call us today at 1-877-907-3232 or contact us to get an offer in hours from Express Homebuyers.
Make sure you're dealing with a reputable company that keeps their word, so you don't end up in a lose-lose situation.
If somone cannot answer yes to all of these questions, how can you trust them to do what they say?
Work with Express Homebuyers and you'll have both Peace of Mind and Cash In Your Pockets.
- Do they have proof of $$ in the bank that shows they are making an honest offer?
- Do they have an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they have video testimonials from actual customers that they can show you?
- Will they provide up to a $20,000 cash advance to help with expenses when moving?
- Do they have a physical office and staff to help you through the entire process, or are they just working out of their car?