Seeking an Office Manager Who Thrives on Tackling Challenges, Moving Fast & Getting it Right!
Overview of this Position
Office Manager will successfully manage property closings and other property related tasks, provide administrative support, manage the office, assist with business items, handle HR related duties, and take on special projects as needed.
The position requires working full-time at Express Homebuyers’ Springfield, VA office.
Overview of the Company
Express Homebuyers was founded in 2003 in order to buy homes from motivated sellers who don’t want to list with a Realtor. We are not Realtors. We are real estate investors. Since then we have bought, renovated, and sold more than 2,500 homes in the DC and Baltimore metro areas. We’re pretty good at this business.
Today we have three lines of business:
- We buy homes, renovate them, and resell them to retail buyers.
- We buy homes for our rental portfolio. We do our own property management.
- We do condo conversion development in DC.
Work Inherent in this Position
- Property Closings
- Manage transactions for our Acquisition Agents by following up with sellers and the title company to ensure settlement is timely
- Assist with ordering inspections, etc. for transactions when necessary
- Maintain monthly HUD file to ensure accuracy of wire amounts
- Maintain relationships with title companies for future help (ex. Payoffs, etc)
- Maintain system with updated information and upload documents to Google drive
- Prepare notes and deeds of trusts for properties
- Build file bank of title insurance policies
- Social Media, Marketing and Lead Referrals
- Post on various social media sites three times per week (facebook, twitter, and google+)
- Pull probate for DC, PW, FX and AR and send to mail house. Drive to DC to collect info every 10 days
- Office and Personnel Duties
- Order supplies for office
- Purchase and stock kitchen items
- Sort mail and greet visitors
- Manage copier lease
- Answer the phones and forward calls as necessary
- Manage phone system
- Make sure all employees have the tools they need to do their job, including office supplies, working phones, computers, internet access, and so on.
- Manage internet issues
- Handle Life / Health / Disability benefits
- Provide admin support for the company’s CEO and CFO
- Manage HR related items including new hire paperwork, applications, background checks, credit checks, etc.
- Business Duties
- Manage, renew and update the company’s various LLC’s and letters of good standing for those LLCs
- Oversee DC Vacant property status
- Be the contact for the:
- Express car insurance
- House insurance
- Pest control
- Lawn maintenance
- Construction purchases
- Certificate of satisfactions
- Payoffs (done by Lindsey)
- LLC docs
- Other Projects
- Assist in condo conversion process
Expectations of this Position
- Express Tech (our IT management system) is kept up to date on a daily basis with accurate information.
- Documents (including but not limited to Notes, Deeds of Trusts, HUD 1’s) are prepared correctly and on time.
- HUD 1’s are accurate and reflect what is in the contract and Express Tech.
- Payoffs are monitored to ensure title company is not adding extra days of interest on HUD 1’s.
- Instructions are read and followed carefully.
- Tasks are completed when due and if not possible, the person affected is altered prior to the due date.
Top 12 coolest things about working at Express Homebuyers:
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Friendly, supportive and smart colleagues
- Exceptional education and training
- Paid Time Off isn’t tracked
- You can leave early on Fridays during the summertime
- Family is one of our guiding core values
- Fascinating “Flip This House” business model
- Informal hierarchy
- Opportunity is based on ability not tenure
- Have a good idea? We’ll use it!
- Casual Fridays
- The exponential growth and plans for national expansion, which equals unlimited potential and opportunities.