22 Tips to Sell your House Fast! Part 4Get Your No-Obligation, Risk-Free Offer
17. Mirrors: Another trick to give the illusion of space is to add mirrors. While you don’t want the room to look like a clothing store dressing room, with good judgment, this tactic works well.
18. Counter-tops: Over time, cooking and baking can create sticky layers of dirt and grime on your kitchen counter-tops. Use a good de-greaser while cleaning the kitchen. Don’t forget to look for debris under the stove.
19: Kitchen: Upgrading your kitchen can bring great return on investment. If you have the resources, put in stainless steel appliances, granite counter-tops, the works! Your house is bound to sell for much more. Even if you decide to let it stay as is, make sure that your kitchen is spotless. De-clutter leaving cabinetry spaces empty. Keep the area dry and avoid leaving dirty dishes in the sink.
20: Bathroom: A dirty bathroom leaves a permanent impression! Do you want THAT to serve as the reference point for your home? It is an area of personal hygiene and you want to be doubly sure you present it well. Keep it extremely clean. Check the bathtub and shower panels for grime and leaks. Include fresh towels, a clean shower curtain, nice warm bathroom rugs, and an air freshener.
21: Fragrance: A home with a pleasant fragrance is always more inviting. Don’t use any strong headache-inducing fragrances. Aromatherapy candles or a mild fresh fragrance could do the trick. Also, not everyone who walks into your home is a pet-lover. If you have pets in the house, pay special attention to the carpet and other areas that might reek of pet odor.
22. Presentation: Leave a basket of baked cookies, some snacks and a beverage for visitors. Extra touches go a long way in making the home-buying experience positively memorable. Even if people who come to your house don’t end up buying it, your hospitality and presentation can generate a lot of word of mouth!
In addition, it’s important to know that buyers like to explore houses on their own. If comfortable with the Realtor or visiting prospect, leave the house so that the potential buyers can explore the house to their satisfaction.
That completes the whole list of 22 tips and tricks. Don’t look at this whole process as one big chore. Be creative and you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to make your home look nice and shiny.
Still unsure if you can sell your place? Need an expert’s opinion? Talk to us. Express Homebuyers has sold over 800 homes within the DC metro area, in the past five years alone! We are ready to assist you. If we can’t sell your house in 60 days, we guarantee to buy it from you, no matter what the condition.
Just call us at [dynamic_phone] or visit our website to chat with a representative.
If you have any tips or suggestions that you’d like to share, please feel free to comment on this blog post.
Make sure you're dealing with a reputable company that keeps their word, so you don't end up in a lose-lose situation.
If somone cannot answer yes to all of these questions, how can you trust them to do what they say?
Work with Express Homebuyers and you'll have both Peace of Mind and Cash In Your Pockets.
- Do they have proof of $$ in the bank that shows they are making an honest offer?
- Do they have an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they have video testimonials from actual customers that they can show you?
- Will they provide up to a $20,000 cash advance to help with expenses when moving?
- Do they have a physical office and staff to help you through the entire process, or are they just working out of their car?